Wednesday, April 25, 2007

NIKO





It was sweltering hot, we had to find our way on jungle trails, ration our food, break camp at all hours of the day, run past bullet ants, eat sardines and beans for lunch and much, much more. If it sounds terrible… it wasn’t. We loved it! Jason and I were split up into two different groups. Each group traveled separately through the jungle of Talamanca, Costa Rica. I’m sorry to say most of our adventures have to be kept a secret to preserve the mysteries of Niko for future participants. However, we can say that it was an incredible time of working as a team and developing an appreciation for the survival techniques and limited resources of other cultures. We all re-united in the end, smelly, dirty and tired but very appreciative of each other, our cultures’ comforts and especially soap!

4 comments:

Niki said...

Phew! You made it back safe and sound. It sounds like you had such an adventure! We lost power for a day and a half and I was so relieved at the end of it...sort of feel like a wimp now. You guys are off breaking camp and preserving the secrets of Niko. You're heroes.

RGV ENTREPENEURS said...

hey!! i miss you two...i hope everyone is having a splendid time in the P.I.T..lol. I'm back in texas, and trying to readjust to america...it takes more getting back in the swing of things than you would think. well if you get a chance among the crazy time, or afterwards, shoot me a line. know that i'm praying for you

Becky Swann said...

Niko sounds so cool, well the secretive part, I admire your boldness, I get hugely grumpy after two days with no shower...Jen you know! My stupid Alergies couldn't take it haha I'm such a dork!

Unknown said...

O my, that trip sounds intense. We are looking forward to hearing more detail in person about that one. We love you.