Saturday, December 1, 2007

Quote of the week.

"Evenings were peaceful, smoke settling in the quiet air to soften the dusk, lights twinkling on the ridge we would camp on tomorrow, clouds dimming the outline of our pass for the day after. Growing excitement lured my thoughts again and again to the West Ridge...

There was loneliness, too, as the sun set, but only rarely now did doubts return. Then I felt sinkingly as if my whole life lay behind me. Once on the mountain I knew (or trusted) that this would give way to total absorption with the task at hand. But at times I wondered if I had not come a long way only to find that what I really sought was something I had left behind."

Thomas F. Hornbein, Everest: The West Ridge

In my newest book I read this quote and thought about all of you back home. Hawaii is beautiful but is no Everest in the slightest or even something that we feel that we have to "accomplish". All I know is that we do want you to know how much we truly miss all of you back home.

4 comments:

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh my goodness. I hadn't checked for a while, but I love the recent posts. I left a comment on the Thanksgiving post, but I thought it may get lost since it was 3 posts ago. Anyways, it was so great to have Jen home for a while, but we still miss you both a ton. Enjoy your task at hand and we will always be here waiting with baited breath for your return.

Unknown said...

You guys are very missed by us as well.

RGV ENTREPENEURS said...

i'm updating my blogger again, i'm going to start using it, so keep in touch. Merry Christmas!

Jenn Weiss

Rebecca said...

Jen!! I am so glad I found you, I was watching a video of Merri-Mac via youtube and I thought of you! Good to see life is treating you well!