Friday, February 29, 2008

I know , I t has been FOREVER since we've blogged. Sorry for making you wait and wait. Internet here is unpredictable and slow as molasses (or so the saying goes) and I've been creating resumes and begging for jobs (which I'm failing at so far) but no more excuses, you're right it has been WAY too long. I've collected a bunch of pictures to catch you up on our Hawaii happenings, so in the next day (or two) we should have a much better post than this little sample.
Until then... I posted this picture of Rush romping on the beach at Kaena Point State Park
I was pondering the saying "It's a dog's life" and immediately thought of our crazy, and must I admit, spoiled, pup and all the fun he gets out of life. Ok I know, the meaning of this saying would change drastically depending on third-world versus western dogs...and strays versus loved pets but wouldn't you just love to have a moment of pure joy like he's having here!?! (just before he nearly tumbled me over and splattered sand all over my lens...oh well)
Random, I know, but just thought I'd share with you my photographic interpretation of this simple phrase...and make an attempt at distracting you from the fact that we're not keeping up with our posts.

And I promise, one to two days and you'll have a better post to enjoy...thanks for hanging in there!

5 comments:

Jessica Rodriguez said...

Yea! Rush looks ferocious! I almost didn't recognize him. Oh, I like the new pic of the three of you on the right where it looks like rush is wearing a green outfit, but I think that is your coat (smile). That color works for him!
Can't wait for more!!
P.S. Tell the airlines to lower the prices of tickets to Hawaii!!!!!!! No fair
Hugs!

Rebecca said...

He looks like he is having a great time! We must be on the same thought process when it comes to blogging!I just updated today and have not since January! I guess February was just a busy month all around! Good luck with the job hunt!!

Anonymous said...

Oh it's so great to have you back! I love the photo of Rush! Great action shot! And I'm sooo sooo glad to have you back online.. I need to call you. I'm sorry I've been an awful friend!

Just April... said...

You captured such an amazing moment there with Rush! Thanks for sharing and keep the splendid photos coming, babe.

Heidi and Richard King said...

Oh, we are glad to have anything, Jen! This is perfect. Rush is getting ready to pounce in the most playful of moods. I wish we were there to frolic with you on the sandy beaches of paradise!