Thursday, January 25, 2007

Week 1





As I said during week 1, Becca Johnson PhD (psychology) spoke to us on our “Identity in Christ”. After much discussion, prayer, and personality tests, Jen and I both confirmed just how different we really are. Wait, did I say different? I meant to say polar opposites. Anyway, we had an idea of this before we even got married but the difference was this class helped hone in on our uniqueness created by God. After realizing we were created this way for a reason then we could move on and learn to love one another in our differences. The verse given was in Psalm 139, “You are fearfully and wonderfully made.”


During this week we also read a book called “Is that you, God?”. Loren Cunningham, the founder of YWAM, wrote this book. It was truly a biography about the truths in following God’s provisions and calling for our lives. Hearing the Lord speak and following these visions are two different things. We had to turn in reports of how it impacted our thinking and application for life. Jen drew a picture and I wrote a paper called “Obedience” (if anyone is interested in reading it I can either post it or email it to you, just let me know).

2 comments:

Sunday Grant Photography said...

108!!! that is measly. man you would never want to bowl with me. now my 92 year old grandma would laugh at your 108 with her 200!!

Jessica Rodriguez said...

I agree Sunday. . . 108 would be an awesome game for me (smile)! Hanna and I play with the bumpers. . .got to love them!
-Jes