Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Family here in need.








This is a personal request for Jen and I on behalf of a young Costa Rican couple here in the DTS with us. Their names are Wilson and Milena. They are in their early twenties and have 2 beautiful chicitas (little girls). Rachael is 3 years old and Mariel is less than a year old. These adorable little rays of sunshine are sooo precious. They have one donated stroller between both children and will be bringing the girls on outreach with us. With all the traveling and walking we’ll have to do we thought it would be nice to give them a baby-backpack (preferably one that can grow with the girls). I remember seeing pictures of my dad (Jason’s) carry me around on his back while he cut the grass on a riding lawn mower. So if any of you have one or know of someone who has one and wants to get rid of it or even if you find it in your heart to buy one, please let us know. You can email us or comment on our blog and we’ll get back with you on the details. Thanks!

PS Jen is a bit jealous over Rachael calling me her “novio” (boyfriend), but she’ll have to get over it. In all seriousness, we have become their gringo aunt (tia) and uncle (tio)… Another thing, doesn’t Rachael remind you of Boo from the movie Monster’s Inc.?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is Boo! Boo is sooo cute!!
-jes

Anonymous said...

I could eat them they are so cute!

{mel wilson} said...

I can ask around at Church about the carrier. Also might be in Managua, NICA in the next of month....any chance I could drive down and say "hi". Think about you everytime I pass by camp....daily. :) And have some many funny things to tell you....3 words...men in the science department...okay that was 5. Love you.

Unknown said...

You guys I have a stroller. Where do I send it, also many other things that I could send. Please let us know what they need, we'de love to help.